Factors Influencing the Production Rate of Laser Cutters
In virtually all laser cutting services in Toronto, speed is one of the most important factors to consider. Usually, a faster laser cutter would be a premium asset because it results in higher productivity. However, higher speed is usually more expensive and so many companies may find it impractical to use in their operations.
However, at Metal Tronics, we invest in only the best laser cutting machines, such as our Mitsubishi CO2 laser cutter which features higher speeds and production capacities than other machines. Having worked with this machine for a long time, we have come to understand all the different factors that influence the production rate of laser cutters:
- Cutting speed - the rate at which the laser cuts through the material
- Traverse speed - the rate at which the head of the laser travels from one position to the next
- Acceleration - the time it takes for the laser to reach high cutting ability
- Deceleration - the time it takes for the laser to stop or slow down
- Changeover time - this is the time taken to transfer sheets of material from the cutting table.
All these things must be combined and taken into account when getting the real manufacturing time in performing laser cutting services in Toronto. In addition, the kilowatt power of a laser machine will also affect its actual cutting speed.
While cutting speed is certainly a crucial factor in determining the quality of a laser cutting service, there are also other important things to take into account, such as the precision and quality of the cuts. At Metal Tronics, we take the consistency of our products very seriously, which is why we are proud to be one of the few facilities providing laser cutting services in Toronto that boast heightened speed and precision capabilities.
Get in touch with us today to experience the Metal Tronics difference – quick and productive, but also accurate and detailed.